Join our community of professional educations in Asia’s Most Livable City!
Qingdao Amerasia International School aims to inspire a lifelong love of learning in students ages 18 months to 18 years. We are the first IB World School in Shandong Province, offering the full IB Continuum of PYP, MYP, and DP. We are also the first school in Asia to be accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) for our Montessori Toddler and Early Childhood programs.
Living in Qingdao
Qingdao is a ‘second-tier’ Chinese city of 8 million people on the coast of the Yellow Sea. The city’s downtown area spreads 30km along the coast, dotted with beaches, all fully accessible by boardwalk. Qingdao hosted the Sailing Regatta during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, as well as regular international and regional sailing events.
QAIS is located less than 1km from the beach, about 5km from downtown, and 30 minutes drive from Laoshan Natural Reserve. Guoxin Stadium, with two Olympic-sized swimming pools, a diving pool, gym, a spinning room, fitness classes, and basketball and volleyball courts is in walking distance from the school, while biking and hiking trails of Fu Shan Mountains are just across the road.
Salary and benefits
QAIS offers competitive salary and benefits for international teachers, including housing allowance (based on number of dependents), medical insurance, annual flights home, and tuition waivers for up to two children. Salaries are scaled according to education and experience.
Our Commitment to Child Protection
QAIS is wholly committed to protecting the children entrusted to our care. In order to ensure that staff will work at the highest possible levels of professionalism during their employment at our school, QAIS has incorporated the Recommended Screening and Evaluation Practices developed by the International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) into its recruitment practices, effective November 1, 2017. All candidates will be subject to a thorough application and interview process, criminal history background check, and professional and personal reference checks/verification before employment decisions will be finalized.
MONTESSORI TODDLER TEACHER
We, at QAIS, are constantly seeking to expand our Toddler Community and as such are looking for qualified teachers to join us.
Leading a class of 18-36 month olds you will be responsible for:
- Managing a small team
- Preparing a Montessori classroom environment that meets the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of an international student body.
- Encourage children to develop self-sufficiency in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Providing a setting in which the children freely seek out and engage in activities that build independence, confidence and love of learning that are essential to their development is paramount.
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant international teaching experience
- MACTE-endorsed Montessori certification (AMS or AMI preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and record keeping skills
- English mother tongue preferred.
We also welcome any spontanious applications which we will keep on file for one year and successful applicants will be contact should a position become available.
General conditions for all positions:
- Bachelors degree or higher.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant international teaching experience.
- Montessori and/or International Baccalaureate experience.