An exciting opportunity has become available in our international Montessori school here in Qingdao, for an Early Childhood Teacher.
Leading a class of 3-6 year olds you will be responsible for:
- Managing a small team;
- Preparing a Montessori classroom environment that meets the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of an international student body;
- Encouraging children to develop self-sufficiency in a safe and nurturing environment;
- Providing a setting in which the children freely seek out and engage in activities that build independence, confidence and love of learning that are essential to their development is paramount.
Key responsibilities include：
- Developing age-appropriate Montessori lesson plans to aid child learning and development and ensuring the needs of groups and individual students are met;
- The design, manufacture and presentation of Montessori apparatus across all classroom curriculum areas;
- Maintaining a neat, well-organized, enticing and attractively-prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy;
- Managing, training, developing and appraising a classroom team of assistant teachers;
- Maintaining excellent relationships with parents and care-givers through regular written and verbal communication, workshops, classroom information sessions and individual and group meetings;
- Attending weekly and monthly planning sessions.
- Bachelors degree or higher;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant international teaching experience;
- MACTE-endorsed Montessori certification (AMS or AMI preferred);
- Excellent interpersonal and record keeping skills;
- English mother tongue preferred.
The successful candidate will enjoy a developed compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary;
- Housing allowance;
- Relocation assistance;
- Return flight allowance;
- Medical insurance;
- Paid holidays;
- Opportunities for professional development;
- Full working visa
For more information and to arrange an interview please send your CV, Degree Certificate and Montessori Certificate to email@example.com or apply online at https://qingdaoamerasia.org/job-application-form/
Come and join our community of professional educators in ‘Asia’s Most Liveable City!’
Qingdao Amerasia International School aims to inspire a lifelong love of learning in students aged 18 months to 18 years. We are the first IB World School in Shandong Province offering the full IB Continuum of PYP, MYP, and DP. We are also the first school in Asia to be accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) for our Montessori Toddler and Early Childhood programs.
Living in Qingdao
Qingdao is located in the southeast part of Shandong Province, fitting snugly between the mountains and the Yellow Sea and is sometimes known as the Switzerland of the Orient. It is a ‘second-tier’ Chinese city with 9 million inhabitants, and offers a rich history and culture, interesting architecture, a fantastic coastline and some great hiking and biking trails in the mountains. The city’s downtown area is spread around 30km along the coast, interspersed with beautiful beaches, and all fully accessible by boardwalk. Qingdao also hosted the Sailing Regatta during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and regularly hosts international and regional sailing events.
Salary and benefits
QAIS offers competitive salary and benefits for international teachers, including housing allowance (based on number of dependents), medical insurance, annual flights home, and tuition waivers for up to two children. Salaries are scaled according to education and experience.
Our Commitment to Child Protection
QAIS is wholly committed to protecting the children entrusted to our care. In order to ensure that staff will work at the highest possible levels of professionalism during their employment at our school, QAIS has incorporated the Recommended Screening and Evaluation Practices developed by the International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) into its recruitment practices, effective November 1, 2017. All candidates will be subject to a thorough application and interview process, criminal history background check, and professional and personal reference checks/verification before employment decisions will be finalized.
We also welcome any spontaneous applications which we will keep on file for one year and successful applicants will be contacted should a position become available.
General conditions for all positions:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant international teaching experience.
- Montessori and/or International Baccalaureate experience.