A MESSAGE FROM OUR SCHOOL NURSE: Jessica Tsuchiya l 学校护士Jessica Tsuchiya发来的信
I hope that everyone is staying well and healthy during this time and look forward to welcoming you all back to school once it opens. My family and I have been in Qingdao through the entire Lunar New Year and we are extremely impressed by the swiftness of action and the seriousness that is shown in dealing with COVID-19. Many of us are staying at home with young children and trying to do our part in keeping this virus from spreading. Please read below for my full letter on how to stay physically and mentally healthy. And please reach out to me, at email@example.com, if you have any concerns.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a large number of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to severe respiratory diseases. The current virus that started in Wuhan is called COVID-19.
什么是新型冠状病毒（COVID-19 ） ？
新型冠状病毒（COVID-19 ）是可以导致从普通感冒到严重呼吸道疾病的病毒群。当前在武汉开始的病毒被称为新型冠状病毒（COVID-19 ）。
What are the signs of infection?
Most common signs mimic those of other colds or flu. These include – fever, cough, shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms.
How can I protect myself?
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. Now is a good time to review the DAB (Destroy All Bacteria) technique that your children learned at school. Ask them to show you!
- Wash hands for 20 seconds after you have been outside. Remember to wash under the fingernails. The children have learned how to do this in elementary and EC while singing happy birthday.
- Wear a mask while outside but remember that this is not full protection against getting the virus. Avoid touching your face or being near large groups of people.
- Take care of your health – eat a nutritious diet rich in vegetables and get enough exercise
- 外出后回家要洗手20秒，记得洗指甲。孩子们已经在小学和幼儿园 唱生日歌时学会了这一点。
How do I stay mentally healthy?
- Eat nutritious food – get a good variety of complex grains, fruits and vegetables
- Avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water.
- Exercise – even in a small space you can do exercises with your children and as a family
- Try to keep a routine for yourself and your family
- Practice self-care – this looks different for different people. For some, it could be yoga or meditation; for others it could be cooking or baking or learning something new. Do something every day that is just for you and that makes you happy
- 练习照顾自己——对不同的人来说不尽相同。对某些人来说，可以是瑜伽或冥想; 对另外其他人来说，可能是烹饪、烘焙或学习新技能。每天都做些使自己快乐的事情。
- Do not hesitate to reach if you are concerned about your child’s mental health or If you need to discuss strategies for handling cabin fever. If you notice behaviors that your child is feeling overly anxious, not sleeping or eating, or having difficulty finding the motivation to complete school work we can assist to establish lines of communication with you and your family.
- Reach out to family and friends when things are difficult. Call on your support systems to laugh, vent or cry. You are not alone in this.
- Reach out to a counsellor – there are many counsellors that are available online for consultations. If you need a list of available counselors, please feel free to contact Jessica for recommendations.